Monday 19 February 2024

Seeing Christ


Matthew 25:35-36

for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’


Noticing others

takes us beyond ourselves

and the cares that consume us

Serving others

does not diminish our woes

but provides a welcome distraction

helping us gain

a different perspective

enabling us

to return enlightened

to all that we must face alone

And the knowledge that, 

knowingly or unknowingly 

we serve Christ

lends purpose to our service.

May we encounter others today

whether in serving or being served

and recognise the Christ in all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed