Saturday 17 February 2024

For those who mourn

 


John 17:24

Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.


We believe that the love of God

that breathes us into life

is the same love that embraces us in death

And yet, how hard it is

to release those we love into God’s arms

There is always more to do

More to say

More of the world to sort out together

More to learn of and from each other

May all who mourn today

be aware of that unbroken love

holding them in their grieving

Soothing the ache that persists

and stilling the mind that rages with questions

And may those who seek to bring comfort to others

find in the sacredness of their task

a balm for their own soul

May the God who has knit us together in our mother’s womb

sew us together in the sorrow of death

with a repair that adds beauty and strength

to all the days of our living.


1 comment:

  1. My friend’s father died yesterday. I know this will be of comfort to her.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed