Thursday 21 December 2023

Allowing mystery

 


Job 42:1-3


Then Job answered the LORD:

“I know that you can do all things,

and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’

Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,

things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.


Embracing all we do not know

allows mystery simply to be

the filling that inhabits the spaces in our knowledge

enhancing life with potential that is not limited

by understanding.

Filling in the gaps narrows the magnitude of the world

closing down possibilities 

while mystery wraps around us creating space

in which it is possible for faith to flourish

and for wonder to take hold

and for miracles to be imagined

in all their awesome wonder.

When we expand our vision

God appears and love is born.


(Liz Crumlish)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed