Thursday 2 April 2020

This is faith

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not blossom,
and no fruit is on the vines;
though the produce of the olive fails,
and the fields yield no food;
though the flock is cut off from the fold,
and there is no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will exult in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
and makes me tread upon the heights.
This is faith:
To look around
and see light in the darkness
To listen carefully 
for sounds of laughter in the tears
To keep watch
for signs of hope amidst despair
To sit with grief
knowing resurrection is promised
We may not be able
to access the empty tomb 
But we know how the story ends
So
Even when...
We can’t see the woods
for the trees
The clouds obscure the sun
We can’t see God
through the mist of confusion
we can’t hear God
for the cacophony around
This I know
God is present
in the midst of deafening silence
God is present 
and emerging from the darkness
God is present
when everything else conspires
to convince us otherwise
God is present
And that is enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed