Friday 10 April 2020

Love between

John 19:16-18
Then he handed him over to them to be crucified.
So they took Jesus; and carrying the cross by himself, he went out to what is called The Place of the Skull, which in Hebrew is called Golgotha. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, with Jesus between them.


Between them
Crucified... between them
Creating a bridge
over which flowed love
Love that was pierced
Love that bled
Love that died
for a time
This Good Friday
that is where I want to be
hunkered down
in that love
that streams between
I know the rest of the story
I know that resurrection happens
But this Good Friday
my eyes are drawn
more than ever
to the cross
where love
was crucified.
And in a world
where many are dying
alone and between
that love,
for me,
is the only possibility
of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed