Tuesday 7 April 2020

For this reason

John 12:27-32
Jesus Speaks about His Death
“Now my soul is troubled. And what should I say—‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it is for this reason that I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” The crowd standing there heard it and said that it was thunder. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not for mine. Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

Lord, you knew strength of purpose
A purpose from which
you refused to waver
even when confronted
with all manner of temptation
and in the face of death itself.
You knew the things
that were yours to do.
May we, in these days of confusion
know your purpose
your will for our lives.
May we discern
what is ours to do
and glorify you
by getting on with the tasks
that you reveal
are ours
for this day
and this hour.
And, amidst all the competing voices
that call us in so many directions
may we hear clearly
and unequivocally
the voice from heaven
that assures us 
that you have got this
- that you are God
and we are not
and your call to us today
is to stand firm
to be still and listen
and to follow
wherever you lead
bringing glory
to your Name.
For loves sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed