Friday 2 May 2008

Rock chick vicar

Thought I might change the name of my blog for this accolade I was paid recently. I donned my leather trousers and hooker boots (I'll spare you a pic - imagination is more than enough!) and compered a gig in which talented local bands performed. This High School band, called Morning After, led the way. The evening finished with an outstanding U2 Tribute band - the lead singer had middle aged - and older- women rocking in the aisles. A wonderful night although I lost more sleep over the thought of compering this gig than I have for many years.
At the end of the night, over £3,000 pounds had been raised for a school meals project in Malawi. Which made it all worthwhile.

3 comments:

  1. How I wish I'd been there, Liz!!!

    Good for you for having fun while earning money for a good cause.

    Well done.

    I like your new profile photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie,
    thanks for offering encouragement, especially when you are going through the mill just now.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on, stick the picture online. Sounds like you had a great night.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed