Monday 19 May 2008

Laying down


Yesterday I conducted a service of remembrance for babies who have died, whether in pregnancy or shortly after birth. Over the years I have been offering this memorial I have met many amazing families. Some of them I have accompanied through their loss and grieving. And that has been an immense privelege. Yesterday I was battling with the sense that this is the last time I will be involved in this ceremony as I shall shortly be serving elsewhere. Those mums and dads have given me so much in letting me be a part of some tangible expression of their bereavement. Its hard to move on from such generous people.

3 comments:

  1. hey liz!!!

    cant believe you are leaving us. me and nat are gutted!!! as i am sure everyone else is. hope you realise our heackling idea comes from the nicest of places!!! i thought it was a great idea..again in the nicest possible way. im sure i could drum up a few more people to take part. haha.

    See you Sunday!!!!

    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz

    What's the news on the move?

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,
    I'll know more after this sunday. I'll keep you posted.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed