Monday 17 March 2008

Journey into love


I had a meeting at the Church headquarters in Edinburgh at the end of last week. Instead of driving there, I decided to take the train. Its amazing how much work I got done as the train sped me to my destination. Most of the Palm Sunday liturgy was written by the time I got there.
When I arrived, I had a short wait before the meeting and, already tense, I waited with some trepidation.
But then a wonderful thing happened. A few friendly faces passed through the waiting area, colleagues I knew and with whom it was good to catch up.
Working out in the sticks, it is easy to forget that we are part of something much bigger and that there is a whole body of support all around us, there for our asking.
And, in the seemingly relentless work of the parish, its easy to lose sight of God who wants so much more for us, not from us, and who watched his son journey to the cross to show that there are no limits to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed