Friday 15 April 2022

Between…

 


John 19:16-18

Then he handed him over to them to be crucified.

So they took Jesus; and carrying the cross by himself, he went out to what is called The Place of the Skull, which in Hebrew is called Golgotha. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, with Jesus between them.



Between them

Crucified... between them

Creating a bridge

over which flowed love

Love that was pierced

Love that bled

Love that died

for a time

This Good Friday

that is where I want to be

hunkered down

in that love

that streams between

I know the rest of the story

I know that resurrection happens

But this Good Friday

my eyes are drawn

more than ever

to the cross

where love

was crucified.

And in a world

where many are dying

alone and between

that love,

for me,

is the only possibility

of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed