Sunday 1 December 2019

Advent waking

Matthew 24:44
Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour.

Through this season of Advent
Lord, lead me to the  light 
When I want to give up
illuminate the path before me
When I weary of persistence
give me the fight for one more day
When all I long for is a holy nap
Keep me awake to all around
When I plead for just five more minutes rest
Awaken my senses to the potential of a new day
When I sleep walk through all the signs around me
Awaken my senses to you
and to your presence
in all whom I encounter
In every opportunity
to serve and be served
In all that I teach
and all that I learn 
And, awake to you
may I notice the light
that pierces the darkness 
and brings hope
for all the world


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed