Monday 9 December 2019

According to your word

Luke 1:38
Then Mary said, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.” 

Submission
is not passive 
To do the will of another
To be faithful
To be obedient
Do I really have it in me?
Is there space enough
not just to suppress my will
not just to tamp down my desires
but to allow them to be overcome
transformed by the will of  God?
Do I have the courage
to risk the unknown
to attract judgement
and censure
to invite speculation
Can I really make myself
wholly available?
In this Advent season
alongside the longing
alongside the expectation
penetrating the darkness
comes God’s summons.
What will it take
to be able to respond:
“Let it be to me according to your word.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed