Wednesday 25 September 2019

All day long

Psalms 25:4-5
Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all day long.

Lord, I long to know your ways
to be so attuned to your heartbeat
so caught up in your rhythm
that I can sense
your perfect timing
and move
with your pulse.
Let me be content
to stay close
to nestle in
to be still
but always alert
to the slightest breath of change
that signals
that the time has come
to follow your lead
into pastures new.
And, still tucked into your side
embracing all that you have taught me this far
may I follow your love
that dwells deep within me
a secret love
that has been growing
in volume
and in passion
a beguiling love
that can no longer be denied
but must be embraced
with all that I have 
when you signal
that the time is right.
May I know the joy of surrender
the wonder of abandonment
that comes
from hearing your call
and following your lead 
wholeheartedly
with no reserve
assured
that courage
and compassion
are the graces that you share
for a new season
and a new dance
held still in your caress.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and profound. Thank you again, dear Liz, for your ability to express emotions which I share, but which I'd sometimes feel too deep to put into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you, Kathleen for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed