Sunday 31 March 2019

Ritual


Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I; send me!”


There is comfort in the familiar,
in those actions that we repeat
time and again without too much effort on our part.
Rituals that are sacred,
that have a meaning all of their own;
rituals we can perform in our sleep,
yet which still have the power -
every once in a while -
to confront us
with the awe and mystery
of a Divine Being.
The One who reaches out of and beyond ritual
to impact our daily grind
with wonder and joy
or challenge and turmoil
or maybe all of these at once - 
to reunite us with the God
at the heart of all our ritual,
unconfined
by the restraints that we apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed