Wednesday 20 November 2019

Image of God


Romans 8:26-28
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to God’s purpose.

Don’t tell me it can’t be done
I’ll say: Hold my beer...
Don’t tell me there’s only one way
I’ll show you another five...
Don’t tell me my anatomy 
inhibits my leadership
and the ability
for others to learn from 
my hard won experience
I’ll simply keep on demonstrating
that, actually, I have what it takes
Because... God
God calls
God equips
God enables
God empowers
Regardless
of gender identity
or sexual orientation
or anatomy
or authority
or rank
To dismiss me
is to dismiss
One whom God calls beloved
One on whom God bestows grace
One whom God has 
Called 
Equipped
Enabled
Empowered
One to whom God says
Hold my beer...
While I accomplish
those things
folks say
cannot be done
Because God...
(A woman with a beer in her hand)

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed