Sunday 17 August 2008

This is the life!


Last Sunday, after my "preaching in" we went to the beach. As I walked along barefoot on the warm sand, I thought: "Life doesn't get much better". However, this Sunday, my first "solo" service - thankfully accompanied by the ever present Holy Spirit - some friends came to worship, stayed for lunch and then we all spent the afternoon in the garden. We had all manner of garden games - hopscotch, connect four, the space hopper, bubbles and these floaty shapes. All the big kids played well together. Such a fun Sunday afternoon - well worth sacrificing the usual post preaching nap for. I wonder when it will feel like I'm not on holiday in this new parish. When will all the responsibilty kick in and the pace step up? I'm sure it can't be far off but, meantime, I'm going to enjoy these summer days and this holiday feel and rest in this God given and much needed respite. Love it.

1 comment:

  1. Liz

    Hope you have a successful ministry in Ayr. Great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed