Friday 29 February 2008

For this reason...


Ephesians 3 has been a recurrent theme for me in this setting. That beautiful passage about the love of Christ. It keeps cropping up and propping up. Especially in low moments. And this has to be one of the lowest. Why do I do it? Keep going back for more. Allow myself to be treated unfairly, blamed, misunderstood, listened to but not heard? Quite simply, because of love. Much as I'd like to right now, I simply cannot walk away. Because I love too much. And I believe that, in love, I can make a difference. I believe that love can and will change hearts and minds and that things will be different, so different. Closed minds will be opened to new opportunities. Shut down emotions will be gently coaxed from the depths. All transformed by love. So, even though it hurts like hell, I have to keep on going back for more. Not just because I am stubborn. Not just because I am proud. But because God still calls me to break through the apapthy and the resistance, break through the smugness and the comfort to challenge and stir up and heal with love. A persistent, gentle force, thawing out cold hearts, awakening them to new and better possibilities. I simply can't give up on love.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for not giving up on love, Liz. And what a beautiful, hopeful photo!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed