Monday 30 April 2007

Waiting


Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall rise up on wings as eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40
I like the idea of renewed strength conveyed by these words. But I'm not so keen on the running - or the waiting.
Those take discipline.
The discipline of taking time out to listen and take in.
When I do that, I don't then want to ruin it all by starting the running again. I want to gain momentum more gently, at a more measured pace. But it seems like I've had my time of waiting. And the strengthening gained from that has to see me over a few more hurdles. Its straight back into the race, no warm up. There has to be a different way, a more sustainable way. A way that involves prioritising the waiting and listening space without the guilt trip.
And maybe the relentless pace of being back in the parish is a necessary reminder that the work and the needs and the care and compassion required are never going to diminish. But that I need to find a different way to make space and that finding that way is a priority. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I just read your comment on my blog - you are right, spooky! We seem to be like minded about this. Your words in this post echo my heart, Liz. Such an encouragement to read your words, to know someone else knows exactly the situation I find myself in.

    "And maybe the relentless pace of being back in the parish is a necessary reminder that the work and the needs and the care and compassion required are never going to diminish. But that I need to find a different way to make space and that finding that way is a priority." This is spot on!

    Blessings to you, too, in your quest for peace and wholeness.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed