Sunday 15 April 2007

Communicating



In Scotland, we still have some of these wonderful old red telephone kiosks in splendidly isolated places. Means of communication change so fast. Its good to have reminders of what used to be and of how valuable these isolated communication posts were for communities. Blogging has opened, for me, a whole new exciting world of fellow sojourners, sharing stories and insights as well as giving me the opportunity to put some of my meanderings "out there". Two folk this week, Cherie and Iain have given me a thinking blogger award for which I am grateful. I now have to nominate 5 posts that get me thinking, so here are my top 5 fellow bloggers:
  1. Cherie, a sister I have never met but with whom I share lots of similar wanderings.
  2. Iain, whom I have met and who never fails to inspire me with his wisdom and talent.
  3. italker, this blog often includes astounding video clips and thoughtful poetry.
  4. Purple words on a grey background, a wonderful title. Again someone I don't know but whose musings I enjoy. I too used to be in full time chaplaincy - a "sector ministry".
  5. goodin parts, insightful reflections of an anglican priest.

Thanks to all of these for putting their reflections on the web. I hope you enjoy Thinking Blogger "status".

Here are the participation rules:

1. If you get tagged [which means your blog has been named on one of these lists of 5], write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (silver or gold version).

Lets keep on communicating!

5 comments:

  1. Goodness. I'm honoured! And blogging about it right now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz! How wonderful to find that you consider us sisters. Me too! Me too! I'm going to follow your nominations for the award now. Thanks for putting them 'out there!"

    I adore the red phone booth! So charming! Good to know they are not yet extinct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz

    Nice to hear from you in Scotland. Honoured to be included in your list.

    My blog title comes from a Neil Young song.

    PS The link back to my doesn't work - think you have a comma in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mike, I'll try to sort that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz I'm really surprised but delighted that you have given me the status of this wonderful award. By the way i think I'll look out an old picture of me performing a song in a red telephone box. keep looking at iTalker for the telephone song, I always knew i had something in common with Stevie Wonder.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed