Tuesday 10 December 2019

Advent longing

Psalms 37:7
Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him;

A prayer as I enter into a time of silent retreat

In the silence, O God
may I know belonging
May I know this space
filled with your longing for me.
May my heart connect with your heart
and your will become mine.
And may my intention be
no more than that
May I be willing 
to move to your rhythm
with no agenda
no conditions
only surrender
to you.
In the silence, O God
may I be attuned 
to your song
the song that makes sense
of all that is in me
that finds expression
in who
and where
you call me to be.
Attune my longing, O God
with your longing
that I may serve you boldly
without reserve
without apology
without shame
but, rather 
with joy
and reverence
partners in the dance 
of belonging together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed