Sunday 20 March 2022

Enough


 Luke 13:6-9

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came looking for fruit on it and found none. So he said to the gardener, ‘See here! For three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree, and still I find none. Cut it down! Why should it be wasting the soil?’ He replied, ‘Sir, let it alone for one more year, until I dig around it and put manure on it. If it bears fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.’ ”

Lord how often have I felt

like that fig tree in the vineyard

Using up all my resources

simply to cling to life

You did not abandon me

You nurtured 

and caressed

provided and sustained

the thread of life

that kept on going

You honoured the breath that remained

You did not condemn

but asked me to wait

To wait

To wait

To wait in hope

Honouring survival

as a beautiful gift

that is enough

for life


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed