Wednesday 13 May 2020

More

John 14:5-9
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

More...
We clamour for more
More information
More explanation
More direction
More reassurance
More...
Jesus response 
to the request for more...
is to offer relationship
Through me...
You know God
Through me...
You see God
Jesus offers
relationship
that shows us God.
And in these days
of fear
and uncertainty
Perhaps what we need
is not moveable plans
or strategy
and certainly not
conjecture
Rather, it is
relationship 
with one another
in which
we see God
relationship 
with one another
in which
we know God
present
in our world today.
And there...
is our more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed