Wednesday 15 May 2019

Known

Psalms 139:11-14
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light around me become night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is as bright as the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
For it was you who formed my inward parts;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
that I know very well.

Known
Known and loved
This, O God,
Creator
Redeemer
This is your promise
That we are known 
and loved
Even in our darkness
you hold out
the promise of light
In a world in which
that which you created
goes unvalued 
uncherished 
where human life itself
rests on the whim
of an Instagram poll,
your will, O God
is for so much more.
Your love knows no limits
Show us how to value life - 
our own
and others’
May we know
and may we share
your love
beyond our wildest imagination
Known
Known and loved

A reflective prayer written after hearing of the death of a Malaysian teenager by suicide after asking her Instagram followers to vote on whether she should live or die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed