Sunday 3 May 2009

glimpsing eternity

Its not been a great week ministry wise. Nothing momentous - just the usual crap that seems to adorn church work and distracts from our real purpose. You know that trivia that we all have to deal with, those hoops that we have to jump through just to keep the wheels on the track.
I react to such stress in one of two ways. I either want to don my T-shirt that is emblazoned with: "Ask me if I care", or I go into a hyper self critical meltdown. 
However, in the midst of all this, I was blessed with the beauty of God's smile. The details are not important but, suffice to say, it was all the assurance I needed to help me refocus my energy and emerge affirmed by the incredible love of God. Even when we think we're hiding our feelings well, God always knows, and, in the mud, provides a glimpse of the stars.

1 comment:

  1. "...in the mud, provides a glimpse of the stars."

    Yes.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed