Friday 27 March 2009

Shallow

I've just been looking up some of the blogs I posted last year through Lent. As well as sharing Lenten reflections, I was journalling a lot of pain and angst about ministry and discernment. In  spite of, or maybe because of, the difficulties I was experiencing, my reflections seemed to have more depth than any of my recent offerings. There's something in that. In the midst of suffering, comes understanding. Light is born out of darkness. I'm not complaining that I'm not struggling with some of the soul destroying nonsense I was dealing with then but the insights gained were very helpful. 
I'm also thankful that, from this perspective the hand of God is all too evident in guiding me through all that struggle and continues to point the way forward. Perhaps I should take as much time to reflect on light as I did on darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed