Wednesday 10 December 2008

Floating in the air...


No, not The snowman but Paddy's milestone. This was the view as I headed home via the M77 on Saturday. My head was full of John the Baptist preparing the way and Isaiah's call to "fill every valley and level every mountain" in anticipation of Sunday's preaching. One of the things that makes this part of the world so spectacular is its hills and valleys and so I instinctively scream a protest at the very idea of that being changed. Does that protest go deeper? Am I resistant to other changes that need to happen before the advent of God's kingdom? I'm sure most of us, if we care to reflect on it, will find a part of ourselves that prove to be obstacles to God's brave new world. This advent may we be able to name those and to make a start on the levelling.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, spot on as ever Liz. Advent for me this year is a time of change with starting a new job on Monday - excited & scared at the same time! Your words of wisdom help me make sense of it all! xx

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed