Monday 21 April 2008

Making history



Couldn't resist posting this- posing with the next President?

I have enjoyed reading The Audacity of hope and I'm looking forward to Dreams from my Father by Obama.

Here is an excerpt from Audacity:

"It was because of these newfound understandings- that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved... The questions I had did not magically disappear... but... I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself and dedicated myself to discovering God's truth"

An articulate president will certainly be a refreshing change!

11 comments:

  1. Indeed!
    Welcome to RevGalBlogPals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    ...and welcome to RevGals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to revgals- can't comment politicaly being a Brit.... but Obama makses sense from our side of the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey-- welcome!

    (I really, really enjoyed Dreams From My Father, preferred it to Audacity, actually. Well-written, thoughtful, insightful. OK, I admit it-- I just got back from voting, and I'm feeling enthusiastic.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Liz! Love your insights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a roller coaster this election has been. Welcome to RevGals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to RGBP! Love your comments on the earlier post about the difference between night and day, dark and light. Will enjoy reading you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your welcoming. Look forward to contributing.
    blessings
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Liz. The photo I mean.

    Good quote, too!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed