Tuesday 25 September 2007

More simple pleasures

Autumn sunshine, a fresh breeze and laundry drying on the line. Sometimes I'm easily pleased. Its good to be able to appreciate the fresh smell of towels dried outdoors before the weather makes that impossible. Stepping from the shower, grabbing a fresh towel, inhaling that fresh air smell... OK, I know, too much information.
Church without walls next summer at the National Gathering will be exploring All you can't leave behind. What are the things that you wouldn't or couldn't ditch? What really matters? I'm looking forward, I think, to working out the essentials of "church" for me. I suspect that it doesn't even resemble anything I call "church" at the moment. I'm happy to discard loads, but what will it be replaced by? I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. And you are looking forwards to this in a *tent* with ten other members of your congregation?!

    I can't get my lot to pitch up to a conference in their own back yard, so good luck tae ye!!

    It's a good question, though, because I think many of us are shedding a skin at this point in history, though worryingly, that image makes us into snakes....

    FBL ;-)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed