Thursday 7 June 2007

Rushing headlong

What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stop and stare
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night
No time to turn at Beauty's glance
And watch her feet, how they can dance
No time to wait till her mouth can
enrich that smile her eyes began
A poor life this if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.
W H Davies

These words have been flitting through my mind this week as I dash from encounter to encounter. Its been a very pleasant week, lots of stimulating work, but it has gone at 100 miles an hour. As I've rushed from one thing to the next, there's been little time to process or savour anything. And in the weeks ahead, what with all the upcoming end of term activities I cannot see any possibility of respite. So I'm practising visualising space. This, one of my favourite views down the Kyles of Bute, serves to remind me of calm and tranquillity. It will have to do for now - a virtual space, a virtual calm in the midst of the turbulence.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture and definitely full of much-needed calm. I'll stop and stare at it for a few minutes before rushign on to the next thing.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed