Tuesday 27 March 2007

Processing without the frizz



I learned today that one of the best ways to process things in our minds is while swimming. Time constraints make that a bit difficult for me right now. Not so much the swimming time but the time taken to dry and straighten hair! But then I learned that it is more the presence of water that's important. So walking by water, as I do every morning, is just as effective. (So, too is a long shower or soak in the bath). I certainly use my morning wander to sift things in my head. And, around this part of the world, there is no shortage of water or of beautiful water side places to walk. I should be good, then at processing stuff. Perhaps I just need more practice. And all the beautiful distractions found around the water's edge are, I'm sure, all useful processing tools. Reflecting on the sheer wonder and majesty of creation lends an edge and a useful perspective to all of life.

1 comment:

  1. How I envy your close proximity to water! Such calming - I don't know why or what it is, but water does great things for me. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed