Thursday 1 March 2012

Listening skills

A few times this week, my daughter asked me how you give your mum away. Assuming that, as usual, I'd done something to upset her, I thought she was just being cheeky and brushed off her question.
However, last night, I took the time to sit down and ask her what she meant. It turns out that one of her school friends was at his mum's wedding at the weekend - and the youngster "gave his mum away". My poor girl was upset because she thought that her wee friend didn't have his mum any more. I was able to reassure her that that wasn't the case. If I'd stopped to listen properly sooner, I could have offered that explanation earlier!
I wonder what else I've missed this week as I've rushed from one thing to the next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed