Wednesday 5 February 2020

Stepping up


Mark 6:1-5
He left that place and came to his hometown, and his disciples followed him. On the sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astounded. They said, “Where did this man get all this? What is this wisdom that has been given to him? What deeds of power are being done by his hands! Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon, and are not his sisters here with us?” And they took offence at him. Then Jesus said to them, “Prophets are not without honour, except in their hometown, and among their own kin, and in their own house.” And he could do no deed of power there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and cured them.

Lord, what is the wisdom you have given me?
And with whom am I to share?
When I am dismissed
give me humility and grace
When I am revered
give me humility and grace
And, however difficult the spaces
you call me to occupy
give me courage 
to be present
When the space is not comfortable
When you call me to play a role
I would not choose
Reassure me that it is for a season
When I am called to lay aside frivolity 
help me to step into gravity
When I’m called to be up front
instead of alongside
help me to get on with it
knowing that the bit of you
that I carry within me
is enough
to transform any space
Enough
to infuse any encounter
And may my inner diva
be met by the presence
of your divine spirit
enhancing and enabling
your wisdom
to shine in the darkness
to sparkle in the dullness
and to keep on reminding me
 that in power
and in vulnerability
I am yours.
Fearfully and wonderfully made
Gifted and equipped
Loved unconditionally
Sent simply to serve
and leave the rest to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed