Tuesday 29 November 2016

Preaching to myself

Joel 2:28-29

God’s Spirit Poured Out
Then afterward
I will pour out my spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams,
and your young men shall see visions.
Even on the male and female slaves,
in those days, I will pour out my spirit.

Often, when I preach, I'm preaching the things I'm wrestling with and the things I need to hear. 
Looking ahead to this Sunday, the message from Joel reminds us that we don't just need to have vision but we also need to live out the vision. By so doing, we will see change - as Gandhi said: Be the change you want to see.
Joel encouraged folk to live into the promise of the future - to live as if dreams have already come true. The more they lived as though  their future was bright  the brighter their future would be.
What you live into becomes your reality.
So, how can we live as the beloved of God, engaged in building God's kingdom in all the contexts in which we are placed? How can we restore hope in the world today?
Perhaps by living in hope and becoming known as those who hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed