Friday 26 February 2016

The things we do not see

Philippians 4:10-13
Acknowledgment of the Philippians’ Gift
I rejoice in the Lord greatly that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned for me, but had no opportunity to show it. Not that I am referring to being in need; for I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

The mystery of being part of the church, the body of Christ goes beyond our imaginations. Sometimes, without our knowledge, prayer is being offered and God is at work in our lives, visibly and invisibly.
Such is the joy and responsibility of being part of that body. If this is true for us, it is also true for others. Think of the difference we might make by praying for one another, not out of desperation or when crisis comes, but simply praying, as a matter of course, with no agenda, no specific request, but simply to remember before God our brothers and sisters in Christ.
It doesn't take a prayer warrior to invoke the blessing of God just some quiet and some intentional prayer - just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed