Sunday 14 December 2014

Justice unearthed

Isaiah 42:1-4
The Servant, a Light to the Nations
​Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen, in whom my soul delights;
I have put my spirit upon him;
he will bring forth justice to the nations.
He will not cry or lift up his voice,
or make it heard in the street;
a bruised reed he will not break,
and a dimly burning wick he will not quench;
he will faithfully bring forth justice.
He will not grow faint or be crushed
until he has established justice in the earth;
and the coastlands wait for his teaching.

The Servant
Bringing justice
Not by force
Or by power
But by gentle persistence
Stealth
that creeps in
Undoing centuries of wrong
Overturning layers of tradition
Unearthing goodness
buried deep
Ground down by harshness
Lost in the depths of holiness
But there for the finding
And ready to be brought to the surface
Grasped and gently nourished
Coddled into fullness of life
Unable to resist
the pull of love
that elicits the response
of justice held out
Fragile
Vulnerable
Life giving
Life changing.
Justice wrought 
not by force
but by love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed