Sunday 3 April 2011

That unseen cloud of witnesses

Tonight I shared in a memorial service for a friend who died at the beginning of the year. While I still feel his loss keenly, at this stage, some 3 months on from the funeral, I'm in a much better place to celebrate his life. I was privileged to share his impact on my life, his encouragement and his nurture - all of which were considerable. On the way home, I've been reflecting on the saints who are in my life right now. And thinking - I shouldn't wait until they are no longer physically present to celebrate all the gifts they share. Giving thanks for that unseen cloud of witnesses, I also want to celebrate those who provide inspiration and nurture and spiritual enrichment every day. Thanks be to God.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks be to God for you. So glad to be able to picture your face and voice when I read your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, Songbird. As you know, I found the online community supportive before BE4. Now, having met some of you wonderful guys, it's just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I have reason to give thanks for the spiritual discipline and lessons learned from the author of this blog!

    I went shopping today and bumped into friends that I had not seen for many years ~ they were very close friends, in fact, I am the God-mother of their 18year old son! Reflecting on what has been said in the blog over this Lenten series, instead of trying to hide in shame from them, I went towards them, hugged them and was delighted to see them, as they were me:~) We chatted for ages and I spoke of my feelings of guilt for not being in touch~then it dawned on me....for a relationship to work well, there has to be reciprocity, so I discussed with them the guilt and then offered them half of it! We came away smiling and more determined to be more pro~active about pursuing the relationship, I came home, phoned them and now have a firm date in the diary to catch up with them for Sunday lunch .

    So tonight, I am giving thanks for all the people who have had and continue to have a very positive influence in my spiritual life and praise our great God for placing them in my life.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed