Tuesday 20 April 2010

Askew

The Washington Monument looks a bit off kilter. That sums up well where we're at. We've enjoyed seeing the sights and tried to make the most of our enforced extra few days of "holiday". But enough is enough. We just want to get home. I could have cried when I heard that tonight's Heathrow flight from Washington was cancelled. I'm sure some people did cry. However, it seems that UK airspace is open, so, hopefully, tomorrow's flight will go. It's been interesting to experience such a range of emotions at not getting home, at being restricted, at the sheer unpredictability of events. But I'm conscious, even as I reflect that, for many folk, those kind of emotions are common place, the way they are forced to live their lives. And, while we are not yet out of the woods, (or out of the States) I am grateful that this IS temporary - I hope!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed