Thursday 19 July 2007

AWOL

We've just returned from a wonderful two weeks in Holland. The trip was planned but I expected to be blogging while I was away. But, as Robert Burns wrote: - "the best laid schemes o' mice and men gang aft agley"
My mobile decided to stop sending or receiving texts and only allowed me limited web access. Such is life. I was forced, once again, to appreciate simpler things.
Holland has suffered from unremitting rain this summer as well as the UK. However the two weeks we were there were glorious. We got to see some beauties of creation and enjoyed chilling and cycling at a real slow pace. And although I am not happy with my cell phone provider, perhaps it was better to be really switched off for a couple of weeks. Its certainly done no harm!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! How happy I am to know that you have been having a glorious holiday all this time. Yes, it was one of those blessings in disguise, your techie troubles. Life without internet and phone are good times, most of the time. Glad that you are safe and sound, and hopefully refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - very refreshed. Caught up with some folks in my parish last night and it was good to be back. That's a good sign too.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed