Friday 5 June 2020

Listening with delight

Mark 12:35-37
While Jesus was teaching in the temple, he said, “How can the scribes say that the Messiah is the son of David?
David himself, by the Holy Spirit, declared,
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
until I put your enemies under your feet.” ’
David himself calls him Lord; so how can he be his son?” And the large crowd was listening to him with delight.

Listening with delight
Teach me how, O Lord
to listen with delight
to all that you share
Bidden 
Unbidden
Welcome
Dreaded 
Expected
Unexpected
Affirming
Crushing
Melodious
Dissonant
Enlightening
Confusing
Listening with delight
may I discern
your infinite purpose
enshrouded in love
promising wholeness 
accompanied
by your unrelenting presence
at every turn
Listening with delight
may I submit
my will to yours
For you create me
You redeem me
And you sustain me
May I delight in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed