Saturday 28 March 2020

In the right place


I have prepared a place for you
says the Lord, a place that is for you,
and only you to fill.
Approach my table,
asking first that you might serve.
Look even for the lowest tasks.
Then, the work of service done,
you may look for your own place at the table.
But do not seek the most important seat
which may be reserved for someone else.
In the place of My appointing will be
your joy.
Lord, show me the right seat;
find me the fitting task;
give me the willing heart.
(Words from the Hild Liturgy from the Northumbria Community)

God, as I wrestle with your call
in this time and place
give me humility
Humility to lay aside
all that I think I know 
and have learned
in years of service
Humility to see what it is
that you are revealing 
in this season
Humility to take up my place
as a novice
willing to learn new things.
God, as I wrestle with your call
in this day and hour
give me grace
Grace to listen to wisdom
that comes from unlikely sources
Grace to acknowledge
and amplify others
Grace to grow
in reliance on you.
God, as I wrestle with your call
in this wilderness season
give me courage
Courage to be reshaped by you
Courage to be redirected
Courage simply to be
God, as I wrestle with your call
in darkness 
and in light
may humility, grace and courage
be travelling companions
that lead me
to your healing presence
and the gift
of a seat 
at your table.
where your joy awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed