Wednesday 1 January 2020

2020 Vision


A prayer for a new year - and a new decade 

Ephesians 3:16-17
I pray that, according to the riches of God’s glory, you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through the Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love.


May this be a year
of sticking my neck out
of boldly speaking truth to power
of refusing to live up to expectations
of disappointing those
who are looking for conformity
and offending those
who are seeking complicity.
May this be a year
of spending less time
trying to be
who others would rather I be.
Of embracing all the gifts 
God has given
to enable me to serve
uniquely
with passion
and with humour.
May this be a year 
of practicing what I preach
of living the abundant life
into which I invite others
of refusing to play it safe
of entering wholeheartedly
with abandonment
and joy
into all the shenanigans
where God leads me.
May this be the year
I change the world
for good
because God calls me
to pitch up 
boldly
bravely
radiantly
loudly
without apology
practising extravagant love
forgiveness
and grace
Beloved of God.




2 comments:

  1. Liz - I’m loving your reflections and blog - and your poetry - what a gift! Happy New Year to you.
    Julie (Uttridge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie - a good new year to you x

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed