Tuesday 8 October 2019

Too deep for words


Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.

Fears, hopes, dreams
All jumbled up
in a tangled mess
I want to separate
and compartmentalise
make things neat
and presentable
instead of the bourach it is
I want to focus
on one thing at a time
and then move onto the next
But you, God
know me better than I know myself
You keep me grounded
reliant on your transformative love
You counter my
“I’ve got this”
with your “Really?”
You make me laugh out loud
at the absurdity
And, when I catch myself,
you remind me gently 
that your love
is unconditional.
And, on those days
when I don’t even know how to pray
Your Spirit intercedes
with sighs too deep for words
And that is enough
More than enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed