Wednesday 11 September 2019

God’s eye view

Matthew 6:22-23
“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light; but if your eye is unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

I imagined I’d made progress
when I could look within
and see wholeness
made up of dark and light
and love all of it
I imagined maturity consisted
of making friends
with the imperfections
even when they choose
on occasion
(or frequently)
to be exhibitionist.
I imagined that,
as I cut myself some slack,
I afforded the same to others
Yet all the while
I was making humility
a badge of honour!
And inviting huge disappointment.
I’m still not very good at it
- but now I know
(though I’ll always be tentative)
there is more.
Going deeper involves
getting down and dirty with God
plumbing depths
that only God
as creator
has fathomed
and invites us to inhabit
(now and again)
to connect fully
with that spark 
of the Divine
that God places in each of us
A spark waiting to be released
into dazzling light
as we become
all that God intended.
And more - 
as we connect 
with that divine spark in others.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed