Friday 2 March 2018

A right perspective

As I sit looking out at the snow in Londom, in an overcrowded airport lounge, hoping for a flight home today, I'm trying to regain a sense of perspective. 
I'm warm and dry. I have coffee! I have a mobile phone and tablet and can speak to loved ones and catch up with work. I'm also in my own country, albeit south of the Scottish border!!!
This is not the experience of many, in their normal, everyday life, never mind in this snow caused chaos.
And I'm drawn back to these words that I've come to know as the Isaiah vision: 
Isaiah 65:21-22
They shall build houses and inhabit them;
they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
They shall not build and another inhabit;
they shall not plant and another eat;
for like the days of a tree shall the days of my people be,
and my chosen shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

We pay more attention to refugees or to those sleeping on our streets in extremes such as the last few days, yet tolerate it all the other days. Suddenly the homeless are newsworthy!
Of course there are no easy solutions. Injustice is convoluted and complex and the vulnerable are always the ones who suffer most. But I'm trying to dial back on my first world frustration and regain a sense of perspective on what, in the end, is a mere inconvenience.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your limbo life won’t last much longer. Just hearing on bbc Scotland that trains are running to Ayr 👍

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed