Tuesday 22 November 2016

Alternative Source of wisdom

Psalms 24:1-2
Entrance into the Temple
Of David. A Psalm.
The earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it,
the world, and those who live in it;
for he has founded it on the seas,
and established it on the rivers.

Ignore Sat. Nav.
Narrow bridge ahead

This sign, on a local road between Hamilton and East Kilbride, always makes me smile. The bridge to which is refers is barely the width of a car and at a crazy angle. The sign was put up after a spate of road blockages because there is nowhere for HGVs to turn around on the approach to the bridge - and they certainly cannot cross.
I am very reliant on Sat Nav and would be, quite literally, lost without it - I often struggle even with its' assistance! Map reading is a mystery to me!
There have been occasions when I have followed Sat Nav instructions to a completely different town simply because the street name I've requested is the same as one in another area and I've failed to realise that I'm not heading where I intended.
It's relatively easy to follow blindly. It requires little effort.
That is not the nature of faith.
Faith demands investigation on our part, resourcefulness that enables informed choice, not a slavish following that may lead us in the wrong direction.
Faith emerges as a response to something deep within us - the beating heart of God, that can only be discerned by looking and listening deeply within. There will be many external voices that seek to distract or to lead in the wrong direction but there is no mistaking the whisper of God when we seek to follow the way God leads.
Ignore Sat. Nav.
Narrow bridge ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed