Sunday 3 March 2013

What a difference a day makes





This week I took a day off. Not only did I take a day off but I got out of the parish. Visiting friends in a beautiful part of the country, I experienced real rest and renewal.
It's been a while since I've felt inspired to do much writing - but that day's retreat worked wonders for creativity.
Now I know that some might say that writing a sermon or creating liturgy are not proper pursuits for a day off but it was the creation of space and time that provided the opportunity. And so the time away was enhanced, not diminished by the accomplishment of some "work tasks".
So maybe I should more often practice what I preach and create space through which the Spirit might flow.
Meantime, I simply give thanks for sabbath that has restored and refreshed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed