Thursday 26 April 2012

Tried and found wanting

Today I feel as though I have been "tried and found wanting". That's not an entirely unfamiliar feeling. I'm sure most of us have negotiated that territory at some point. While an uncomfortable place to be, it does prompt what can often be valuable reflection and discernment.  Is living up to the expectations possible - or desirable?
On reflection, my failing to meet expectations is something with which I can live. The gospels are littered with stories of Jesus being tried and found wanting. Assured of his calling, Jesus pressed on, confident in mission, not prepared to compromise the work of the kingdom, not prepared to be distracted by the shiny new things. As a beloved child of God, I too am prepared to be a disappointment for the sake of the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed