Thursday 30 June 2011

School's out!

Even though it's another few weeks before I take a break, I always heave a huge sigh of relief as the end of each school term comes around. I am chaplain to 3 primary and 3 secondary schools, work that I love. But, at the end of each term, I too am excited and more than ready to take a break from that part of my work.
Today's end of term service was even more emotional than usual because the Head Teacher is retiring. It was wonderful to see so many former pupils of the primary school (who were obviously bunking off their last day in their secondary schools) come to bid her a fond farewell.
Paper aeroplane prayers finished the service off nicely but I'm sure I'll still be finding paper aeroplanes in unexpected places for some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed