Thursday 24 March 2011

Caring and sharing

I enjoyed catching up with a colleague this morning. It's always good to offload a bit. As we sat basking in sunshine in her conservatory, I could hear a fog horn blasting away. Just a few minutes down the road, at the harbour, the fog was quite eery. That contrast - clear skies and fog almost side by side - struck me as typical in ministry. One never knows what will happen next and what will be expected of us. That makes it all the  more important that, intentionally, we support each other and seek ways to share the load.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if we are being disobedient if we don't seek to share each other's load?
    'Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ' (Gal 6:2).

    Being disobedient is something that has been challenging me over this past few weeks and it is difficult to discern whether indeed there is potential disobedience or not in this case!
    How good it is that not only can I take this before God, but I can also share concerns with other trusted spiritual travellers. Perhaps someday soon that fog will lift and I will be able to see clearly the way ahead.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed