Monday 21 February 2011

Meenisters and boats



I'm finally getting around to thinking about Study Leave  - which begins this Thursday. I'm heading out to Tampa, Florida to meet up with 40 women ministers who are part of Rev Gal Blog Pals, an online lectionary forum and support network that I've been part of for the past few years. We are embarking on a cruise and studying together Reframing Hope with author Carol Howard Merrit. Para Handy would be birling in his grave at the thought of so many ministers on the one boat! And women at that! Who would have thought that, after years of sharing struggles and supporting each other with the texts week by week, I'd get the chance to meet up in real life with some of these colleagues whom I feel I know so well?
And, it was a bonus to discover David Tennant (aka Dr Who) in this clip of the old series about the Scottish puffer The Vital Spark and her crew.

5 comments:

  1. Mate, have an absolutely brilliant time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time. I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nik, Tanya - thanks. so excited. Maybe one day soon there'll be a whole Scottish contingent - BE 6 or so? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to meet you! And, yes, how about a whole U.K. contingent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe, or one BE could be in the UK/ or a Europe expotition... :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed